Plan Your Event
Some Suggestions For Planning The Perfect Party!
It's not hard to pull off a great party – all it takes is a bit of planning and organization. Here's a handy checklist that you might customize for your specific needs.
Well In Advance
Two Months Out
Two Weeks Out
1. Determine a credentialing process for invitees; this might include a guest list at the door, and/or name badges.
2. Confirm all day-of-event items such as flowers, cakes, decorations, and equipment.
3. Confirm all volunteers and their responsibilities.
4. Finalize your script/agenda.
5. Will there be games or contests? Gather all pertinent needs, including prizes.
6. Prepare goody bags, welcome baskets or party favors.
7. Create an information sheet for staff/volunteers, and VIPs, including emergency mobile phone numbers, itinerary, maps, etc.
One Day Before
1. Deliver welcome baskets to hotel for placement in VIP rooms.
Day Of Event
Immediately After The Event
1. Oversee cleanup crew.
2. Tip the service staff (caterer, bartender, etc.).
3. Pack up and inventory all reusable collateral material.
4. Pack up and return all rented equipment.
During The Next Week
1. Reconcile your budget; check all invoices.
2. List names for thank-you letters, then write them.
3. Conduct a debriefing meeting with staff and volunteers; there's much to learn!
© 2012 Catering By Granny's Website design by www.NathanGassman.com